Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Lipstick Cocktail


Even though a girl can never really have enough lipsticks sometimes I'm not too sure I want to step out of my"color comfort zone" and try colors I've never tested in the past. So I figured a safe way of discovering new shades within my comfort zone is by mixing colors I already have with each other. I usually go with a nude shade for my lips, orangey tones or bold red lips.

The process of mixing the lips colors is extremely simple.

1. I just heated in the microwave whatever colors I wanted to mix together at 15-second intervals until the lipstick was melted (be careful not to burn it). 

2. Then I placed the new-found shades in these small plastic containers and let cool in the fridge for about 30 minutes.

If you want any color you mix together or a lipstick color you already have in more of a lipgloss texture, just repeat the same process with a little dab of Vaseline to get a smoother and shinier texture.


No comments: